Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 5, 2013

Strawberry Bonanza!

I took the boys, along with Jennie, Brynn, Cara, my aunt Mary, and cousin Claire to do some strawberry picking this week!  We had a great time picking 80 pounds of strawberries!!! 
 A highlight for Henry was the golf cart ride to and from the field! (Charlie was very nervous about hopping on the cart- he went on with me on the way out but refused a ride on the way back.  My fearless boy is afraid of motorized vehicles apparently!). 
 Charlie definitely ended up eating more strawberries than placing in our crates!
 He was in fruit heaven!  It was a happy accident that he was dressed in all navy blue that day!
 Henry thought we was big stuff carrying around his own box of berries.
 Cutie (and I know I've said this several times lately, but man he looks old in this pic!!)
 Hard working crew in the field!
 Delish!
 Favorite photo of the morning!  Such a proud boy with all the strawberries!
 Here's our loot!
 Cara, Brynn, Henry and Charlie with all their deliciousness!
 What to do with all the strawberries?  We froze several cups . . .
  . . . have made lots of strawberry, banana, spinach smoothies . . .
 . . . and Gramma Theresa taught us all how to make jam!  We (well, all the other ladies as I arrived late with the kids and my aunts don't let me lift a finger these days!) made about 30 jars of jam- with plenty of strawberries leftover to make even more!  I LOVE SUMMER! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment