We celebrated Charlie's birthday on Saturday, about a month early, and had so much fun doing so! I took the (very!) easy way out this time around and had a "destination" party complete with sandwiches delivered to the indoor playground/sports park and cupcakes made by a local bakery! I am just so happy we were able to celebrate our little buddy before the birth of the babies. Makes this mama's heart happy! Get ready for lots of pictures! :)
Proud birthday boy! We had a sports-themed party for our sports lover!
Charlie with his family!
The spread: Sandwiches from Jimmy John's, chips, fruit, yogurt tubes, and cheese sticks. Easy peasy!
Adorable cupcakes from the bakery (and so much cuter than what I could have done!)
Lunch time!
It was fun to have everyone sit at one table and each lunch (something that can't be done if the party was at home!). As much as I like have the party away from home this year, there is something about having it in your own home . . . I missed the intimacy of having everyone gathered in our house. Maybe next year . . .
Charlie was giddy with his cupcakes!
After several attempts at blowing and lots of spit flying, Charlie managed to put out both his candles!
Mmmmm, mmmmm, good!
Charlie received lots of fun gifts! Thanks, everyone!
Some of the features of the park include: block building,
soccer field (C-man playing with his Godfather, Shawn),
accessories to develop skills,
basketball court (playground and bouncy mat that I didn't snap a picture of).
Charlie's favorite is the "bass-e-ball co-waut." Grandpa played lots of ball with Charlie . . .
. . . and helped him hang from the rim for the first time, which gave this mama a mini heart attack!
Such a fun morning celebrating our sweet boy! :)
I absolutely love the age/stage Charlie is at right now! Everything he says is hilarious! He's got his own quirky way of pronouncing words and the inflection is all over the place- too cute! He's definitely picked up on some not-so-pleasant behaviors (perhaps from his big brother?!?!), but sometimes he's just too cute to punish (which will not serve me well in the future!). And let's face it, when I do try to put him in time out, etc. he just runs away from me because he knows all too well that his mom is in no shape to chase after him. It'll be boot camp time after the babes are born!!
Charlie's favorites:
sports of all kinds- he seems to be quite the natural athlete
playing cars/trucks
playing farm animals/tractors
running races with is big brother
reading books that he can count objects in
being outside- sandbox, play set, riding bike, swimming
climbing on anything and everything and then jumping off
loves to eat, especially fruit (and definitely not vegetables!)
and anything he can to "myself"





No comments:
Post a Comment