Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sleep over!

Cara's daycare was closed on Thursday so we got to have a sleepover with her (much to Henry's delight! . . . and mine!).  I should have taken more pictures- or had a tape recorder going at bedtime as I listened to the two of them talk for an hour-and-a-half before actually falling asleep (hilarious!!).  But overall, super fun night/day with Cara Bean!
 We went to the zoo for a couple of hours in the morning and had a great time (minus our walk in the pouring rain and wind into the zoo!).  Someone asked if Henry and Cara were twins! :)
 I made some homemade corn dogs for lunch!  Cara is familiar with corn dogs on a stick and requested one.  After telling her I didn't have any sticks, Henry was quick to correct me and grab a couple of skewers out of the drawer.  I viewed the sticks as potential weapons, but the kids viewed them as must-needed utensils for eating corn dogs.
 After lunch, we all watched the first snowflakes of the year fall! :)
 And after naps (which went surprisingly smooth after I threatened to move Cara to my bed if they talked or got out of their beds!), our neighbor, Taylor, came to play with the kids so I could make dinner in peace!  Love that girl! :)
Charlie enjoyed his ride on Henry's homemade sled!
We love, love, loved having Beaner at our house for the night!  And are looking forward to having Brynn sleepover (all by herself, without her sister) in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment