Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet boy! It's hard to believe you have been in our lives for three full years now. You all of a sudden seem so grown up! You say things like, "I'll go to sleep in several minutes," and "A bat is a nocturnal animal. Now it's your turn to name one, mom" and "I'm going to make us some green bean soup in the crock pot," and "I need some privacy," (when going potty). But the word you say most often these days is "why." It's become almost a reflex . . .
You have proven to be the best big brother! It is apparent that you care deeply about Charlie and enjoy having him around. That's not to say you don't do big brotherly things like push him down or cry when he comes near out of fear of him taking a toy you're playing with. But overall, I know I will always be able to count on you to be a good example for and protect your little brother.
You are also such a good buddy to all your friends! It is fun to watch you start to interact more when we are on play dates or at school. I love listening to the conversations you have with your buddies and am proud of how kindly you interact.
I am so proud of the little guy you are. You delight in others' excitement and happiness. You love learning whether it's a new move in gymnastics or swimming class or reading a new book about owls. You're a little sponge with a crazy memory for detail! I think you are the best kind of guy there is and I love you so very much!!!
You were super excited to wake up to decorations on your bedroom door!
You blew out birthday candles several times on your big day . . . the first of which was in your peanut butter toast you requested for breakfast!
Your cousins brought you over some birthday donuts (I will admit, I requested them . . . the Farmington bakery has amazingly delicious donuts and it seems like a birthday is the perfect time to indulge is such a sweet treat!!). Love, love, love this picture of the three of you!
Char-char had to get in on the action as well!!
Because your birthday landed on MEA break, we were so excited to have a play date with Auntie Jennie and the girls. Our outdoor plans didn't pan out as it was a drizzly morning. So we spent some time having Story Hour with Jennie- reading your new books!
Luckily dad saved the day and was able to "clear his schedule" so we could head up to Minneapolis and have lunch in his office- a favorite activity!
I attempted to have a three-year-old photo shoot with you to capture you on your special day, but this is as good as it got (I adore "in the moment" shots so I'm actually quite happy with the photos that captured you in your natural play!)
You were more than excited to open your birthday gifts from us and insisted we do so the moment dad walked in the door from work!! You have learned birthday etiquette over the past few days and knew to open your cards first . . . so sweet! :)
Charlie has been enjoying your new toys as much as you have!
Much to your dad's dismay, you and your brother LOVE the new dollhouse!!!
Anytime I would ask you what you wanted for your birthday dinner, you replied, "cupcakes." Knowing eggs is one of your favorite foods, I made mini frittatas in muffin tins to resemble cupcakes. You spit yours out and your brother chucked his across the room (he's got an amazing arm!). So . . . your birthday dinner turned out to be peanut butter sandwiches.
And your birthday cake was a birthday cookie!
After dinner, we went out to play in the leaves!
And went on our nightly walk! You were quite exhausted by the end of the day. It could have something to do with your cold you now have (again!) or all the attention or all the activity. You were snuggled in by 7:30.
I loved every minute of celebrating your big day with you. You are such a delightful little guy and so much fun to be around!
One day old
One year old
two years old
Three years old
One day old
One year old
two years old
Three years old
To our Henry who is joyful and clever!
Happy day, happy year, happy always and ever!
We love you, buddy!


















No comments:
Post a Comment