Today you turned one-year-old! To be honest, I've been dreading this day for a while now. Time truly does go by way too fast. Sometimes too fast to savor all your sweetness, your giggles, your chatter, your chubby little self. I want you to stay a baby longer so I can cuddle and snuggle and love you up. As I think back, I loved you from the moment we found out you were growing inside me. However, I really didn't think I could love someone as much as I loved your big brother. But it is amazing how much love the heart can hold. The two (and your dad makes three!) of you make my heart so incredibly happy! I am so proud to be your mama, Charlie Paul! Happy first birthday!
Your first picture as a big one-year-old!
We had a sleep over with the Asleson ladies! To make the morning extra special, the big kids got to eat a donut for breakfast (I'm not quite ready to give you that gooey goodness yet!)!
I then chased you around (as you chased your balloons around) trying to get you dressed as we had a big day planned!
We got you a little something to open on your actual birthday!
Big brother Henry was more than happy to help you open your gifts!
As were these cuties!
This picture doesn't show it, but you woke up quite grouchy! Not sure what your deal was (teeth??), but after a dose of ibuprofen (the magic juice for you!), you perked up!
We then field tripped it up to St. Paul to enjoy the Children's Museum! You LOVED every minute of exploring the museum (however, your Auntie and I were ready to skedaddle about 5 seconds in as it was SO busy!!!).
You spent lots of time pushing the grocery cart around and throwing the produce. Note to self: teach Charlie the difference between a ball and a round piece of fruit.
Henry was also very busy racking up a pretty hefty grocery bill!
We enjoyed some time in the art room too. Henry made fossils out of clay and you tried eating the clay, the clay tools, etc.
We made it all the way home from the museum without anyone falling asleep thanks to a little car picnic for lunch (WAHOO!), which meant all kids were able to get in a much-needed afternoon nap! After dining on pizza (you ate THREE pieces!!), we sang happy birthday once again. This time, you knew exactly what to do!
Helper Henry blew out your candle!
And you dug in!!! I think you preferred your chocolate cake over the vanilla you had at your birthday party!
We spent time in the bouncy house and your new water table before and after dinner. We needed some large motor activities to wear you down after all that sugar!
My two favorite young men!
I'd say you had a pretty great first birthday, little buddy! Before going to bed you perfected your dance moves and had us all giggling! You definitely knew how to ham it up on your special day! :)
Taken from our favorite little kid author, Sandra Boynton: "To a child who is joyful and clever. Happy day, happy year, happy always and ever!" We love you so much, Charlie Paul!



















No comments:
Post a Comment