
We've been lucky enough to have weekly play dates with the Erickson ladies. Henry adores the girls and I adore their mom. We (when I say "we," I really mean "me" so I take full
responsibility for what went on in the few hours we were away) thought we'd mix things up a bit and take the kids to a water park. My sister kindly let us use her sporty mini van so we could all trek down to
Owatonna together. After changing in tiny bathroom stalls (aka, watching the kids crawl all over the bathroom floor while Anne and I slapped on swim suits- gross, but we were about to hit chlorine- that should take care of the germs, right?!?!), we headed for the pool. Elsie and Margot are experienced water park professionals and dove right in. Henry, on the other hand, was very timid and wouldn't let go of my finger the entire time. He did love riding down the lazy river in an innertube with me- that was by far the highlight!

After a post-snack break meltdown, we decided they kids (and their moms) have had enough and headed back to the bathrooms to change. No chlorine to take care of the floor germs this time, but we managed.

After 20 minutes of tears and bribery, the kids settled down to eat. Margot had us all in tears as she tried to feed her belly button a french fry! Good times while eating with three kids ages three and under. Anne apologized for drinking a beer in front on me and I only wished I could have joined her as one (or several) was totally necessary after the crazy time we had! All in all, a super fun trip- I just wouldn't want to do it again anytime soon! :)

Henry with the future Mrs. Henry Parks (who am I kidding, Margot will probably make Henry change his last name to Erickson!)!
No comments:
Post a Comment