Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 2, 2009

Dr. appt, shower, kid talk, oh my!



Well, at my weekly appointment I am continuing to measure "right on." The baby's heartbeat is strong but wavered a bit, which immediately made me worried. However, the doctor said it was a sign of a happy baby! :) So far, I'm not dialated at all which is just fine by me! Exactly four weeks from today is our due date and I'm perfectly fine waiting until that date comes! We have too much to do in the meantime to have this baby come early!!!




I'm adding a sweet picture from the shower my school threw for me this week. It was so fun (and overwhelming) receiving gifts for our little sprout! My second grade team did a wonderful job putting it all together. THANK YOU! I can't believe we'll be having a baby to put in all the tiny outfits! So fun!




My favorite kid quote of the week: A darling second grader from another classroom who is autistic came up to me with a very serious face and asked, "What's in your belly?" and I replied, "What do you think is in my belly?" She was dead serious when she said, "A ball." She really thought I had a ball under my shirt!!! It was so funny! So when I told her it was a baby, she was completely puzzled. I saw her eyeing me up in the cafeteria and I could tell her wheels were turning. She came to the conclusion that she wanted a baby in her tummy and asked how you get one?! I sure do love my job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment