Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Soon to be Three!


With October 30th just around the corner, Tom and I decided to give this blog thing a whirl! I have loved keeping tabs on our family and friends who keep blogs so hopefully we'll be pretty good about giving you updates of our growing family! :)


Our life is soon going to change but before Baby Parks arrives we have one more major change- we will move into OUR NEW HOUSE! Yes, we finally took the plunge and have purchased a home! Our closing date is set for October 15 . . . just in time for Baby Parks! It shouldn't be too stressful, right?!


So far, Baby Parks is measuring right where he/she should be! I hold my breath every time I go in (it will be weekly now), hoping I'm keeping the gestational diabetes in check so I won't have a huge baby. So far, so good! We've had LOTS of people (friends, family and strangers) give us their opinion on whether we are having a boy or girl. According to the Drain-o test, the baby is a boy. According to the random lady at the farmer's market and her ancient Chinese number system, we're having a girl. According to the adorable Asian women where I had my latest pedicure, we're having a boy. Finally, my favorite, according to one of my seven-year-old students, we're having a boy because I'm "not that fat in the back." Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment! I am definitely ready to know one way or the other . . . not too much longer! :)


1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy you guys *FINALLY* found a house! Katie, do not stress about it at all, you have a baby to worry about- whatever isn't done isn't done, at least you have a home!
    Also I think it's going to be a boy. I don't know why I just see you having a boy first :)

    ReplyDelete