Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 27, 2013

Finally . . . an update!

Long time!  Life has changed dramatically . . . I'll do my best to remember what has happened these past couple of months :)
So, as of early October, the last time I blogged, the girls continued to give us a run for our money.  As sweet as they are, they were sleeping very little at night . . . up every hour and a half to two hours (and on opposite schedules).  I'm pretty sure at this point we were still getting just a couple of hours of sleep, total, throughout the night.  I remember just wanting to sleep in a horizontal position instead of sitting up in a chair holding babies!!  There were many nights when I never even made it to my bed.  The days were also demanding- constant attention was needed to feed, diaper, hold, comfort, snuggle, etc. I believe this is about the time when my Aunt Lisa from Kansas was up to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday and tacked on a few days to spend with us.  Through her wisdom and baby expertise (she raised four kids as well!), she convinced me to let them sleep on their tummies (gasp!).  In my desperation, I did . . . at nap time only (so I could keep an eye on them) and, by golly, they slept!!!  It was like finding a water hole in the desert! :)  Because I was afraid to put them on their tummies at night, they continued to "sleep" in their carseats (yes, their carseats) or in my arms.  Ufta.  Tough nights.
Not only were the girls a bit of a challenge, the boys were too!!  Definitely not enough mommy to go around for everyone- boys learned to take advantage and learned very quickly that being naughty got mama's attention (things have gotten better . . . thank goodness).  Charlie was still not napping and was (and still is!) quite the bear because of his lack of sleep and perhaps the fact that he is two has something to do with his challenging personality!  Henry, on the other hand, continues to nap for about two hours a day.  He's such a good sleeper- I hope the girls take after him! :)
Luckily, we continued to have some help during this time.  The boys loved the extra attention another body brought to our house and I loved being able to focus on the girls without feeling like I'm neglecting my other kids! :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it Katie! Hope the girls learn to sleep on their backs soon!

    ReplyDelete