We are so excited to share with you the latest news in the Parks house! We are expecting TWINS in August! It's been a roller coaster of a ride since we found out about a month ago. At my eight-week appointment, an early ultrasound determined that we don't just have one baby, but two babies on the way! I'll admit, my first reaction (after being completely SHOCKED in the doctor's office) was to shed a tear or two . . . I called Tom right away and then my sister and cried to both of them!! They were both over-the-moon excited! I think the enormity of what is about to happen hit me hard! But after the initial shock, the excitement settle in . . . which latest approximately two days . . . before I read all the dangers about having twins on good ol' google search (why do I do that to myself!!). So excitement lead to complete panic and worry. BUT, I'm happy to report, after our 12 week appointment, I'm feeling much better about things and the excitement is back ! :)
Here's what we know so far:
*I'm a little over 12 weeks along
*Due date is now set for September 1st, but twins generally go early
*The babies appear to be in the same sac but are separated by a membrane
*The babies appear to be sharing one placenta, which can be potentially dangerous as one baby can take his/her fair share of the blood/nutrients (Twin to Twin Transfusion or TTTS) . . . we'll know more in the coming weeks
*One placenta most likely means that the babies will be identical (but my doctor says the only way to know for sure is sending the placenta to the lab after birth?!?!)
*Henry and Charlie are very excited to be big brothers (although Charlie doesn't really get it, of course!)! Henry is especially excited and will cuddle up to me and say, "I'm keeping the babies warm, mama."
*Henry will be not-quite-four (two-months shy) and Charlie about two when the babies are born
*Now that I'm officially in my second trimester, I'm feeling MUCH better . . . growing babies really takes its toll on a body, I tell ya!
We'll keep you updated as we learn more! We're so very excited to be on this adventure! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment