Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Friday Night Fun!

We had our main level painted on Friday and today! :)  I LOVE the new colors . . . however, in typical Katie fashion, there are a couple things I would have done different.  First, two of the colors I picked out (and I say I because Tom decided to be a non-participant in color choice) are too similar so I feel there isn't enough contrast.  And second, I picked a really wild color for our playroom, which I LOVE when we're in it!  BUT, when I catch a glimpse of it from the hallway, it is really bright and doesn't go well with the other colors (I knew this going into it so I can't regret that I chose the color anyway!).  But overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out.  It makes our home feel warm and cozy now that we finally have a little color on our walls!:)

Anyway, back to our fun Friday night!  We didn't want to be in the painter's way or breathe in too many paint fumes so we took the kids to a hotel for the night!  We went out for dinner, ran through the mall, went swimming in both the hotel pool and incredibly large bathtub, and the next day, hit up Edinborough Park!  It was so fun to do something different with the boys.  They both did quite well  sleeping at the hotel, which I always worry about (although both didn't go to sleep without putting up a fight but that's par for the course!).  Here are some pics!

 Charlie preferred enjoying the pool from the deck, just like his mama! :)
 Henry, however, owned the pool!!!  The improvement in his swimming ability is incredible over the past few weeks!  He swam the entire way across the pool using his dumbbell!!
 (Charlie did manage to swim for a minute or two . . . only to grab the ball and crawl back out!)
 After soaking in the tub, Henry was thrilled that "the hotel has towels just my siiiiize!"  It's called a hand towel, buddy! 
 We have never taken the boys to Edinborough before but we will certainly go back! 
 After a little over an hour of playing, both boys were exhausted!  We "made" them play a bit longer just so we could make it home for nap time as to not disturb the painter.
 Great family fun night/next day for the Parks! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment