We had the most wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! We have so much to be thankful for and it's nice to have a day that makes you stop and count your blessings. I feel grateful for my family and friends and for being able to provide our boys with so many opportunities. As I look around our playroom, I can even imagine the need for anything else! (And with Christmas coming, I need to prepare myself! However, the grandparents have been very respectful of our wishes for minimal gifts during the holidays!) On Thanksgiving morning, we headed to Tom's mom's for
lots of play time and a Thanksgiving feast! I am a numbskull and didn't
take a single picture (I've been terrible about that lately!) but
believe you me, lots of fun and yummy food was had! :) That evening, we
had lots of quality time with our little family and Tom and I even
managed to watch a movie that night without falling asleep! :)

Henry has said, anytime someone asks him what he wants Santa to bring him, "Ice skates and a stuffed turkey that I can snuggle with." I thought I'd surprise the boys with a stuffed turkey each on Thanksgiving. After we left Tom's mom's house on Thursday, we decided we should take Charlie to the ER to get his ears, goopy eye, etc. checked (he had been fussy for several days, and although was great at Mary's, I didn't want him passing germs on to all his cousins the next day). Anyway, Henry was less than thrilled about his turkey and promptly put it to bed in his doll house.
G'night turkeys. Because . . .
Charlie received a stuffed puppy from the nurse at the ER that Henry swiftly made his own. But Henry also declared, "Santa will bring me another turkey." Oh boy!
The evening brought lots of silliness and fun! :)
BTW, Charlie had some fluid on one ear but it wasn't infected. The doc said his goopy eye was due to his cold and should clear up soon. Sure enough it did and we now have our happy Charlie back! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment