Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I heart construction

Henry is a HUGE fan of any shape or form of construction! We'll be driving in the car and he can spy a "big cane" (big crane), "bo-doozer" (bulldozer), "back hoe", etc. a mile away. We've clocked many hours filling up his little dump truck with rocks and pine cones just to dump them out again. Not to mention, our weekly trips to the library have been a life-savor in the construction book department (I don't have to read the same book over and over and over again- I just have to do it for a week or so!).

Other Henry Happenings:

- If you weren't aware, Henry also has a baby in his tummy that kicks and says "ba bump" (heartbeat)
- Whenever I leave the room to use the bathroom (which is frequently these days) or answer the phone, etc. I'll tell Henry, "I'll be right back." Today, I was wrestling with his mattress to put it back in the crib after washing sheets (if that doesn't put me into labor, I don't know what will!!) and he said to me as he starting going downstairs, "Be right back, mom." Kids are so smart!!!
- Henry gives us a running dialog of whatever he is doing. If you're not quite sure what he is saying, a lucky guess would be him telling you what he's up to.
- Thanks to many great books, Henry knows the opposite of many things (hot & cold, young & old, awake & asleep, near & far, clean & dirty, etc.)
- Henry can fill in the "blanks" for us when singing the ABCs and Twinkle Twinkle
- He can point and count objects up to ten (if you get him started- doesn't quite of one down yet, but will start with two!).
- Everything is the color "lellow" to him!

And some baby news:

I wish there was news!!! We are thankful to have made it past the risky stage (34 weeks). I'll officially be 36 weeks tomorrow so am getting close to having a baby full-term (37 weeks is considered full-term). I will very happily have this baby any day now! I have been feeling great and the baby seems to be doing well too (heartbeat is good- 120s-130s and is measuring right on). After the stress of the preterm labor stuff, it feels like we've been waiting for this baby to come any day now for a LONG time!

No comments:

Post a Comment