Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Big Boy!

Henry is getting to be such a big boy! He is so "toddler-ish" now! :) Not only does he sleep in in the morning like a teenager, he is brushing his teeth on his own (then it's mommy's turn!), has gone pee on the potty several times, and will follow simple directions. I think he's ready to be a big brother!
Henry has been very "helpful" around the house. He now rinses the dishes after I wash them (so VERY helpful!).


Funny Henry story:


We belong to an organic CSA. Every Friday, we pick up fresh vegetables from a farm. It's been a great experience despite the number of radishes we've gotten (way too many for my liking!) and the hour round-trip it takes us to get the veggies. Yesterday, Henry was being ever-s0-helpful and was placing our pint of cherry tomatoes one by one in a bag. After waiting ever-so-patiently for him to complete his task, I decided to have him finish up in the car (that would keep him busy for our 20+ minute ride home). At one point in the drive I started to smell tomato. I glanced back and Henry was giggling holding on to a squished tomato. I told him it was okay that his hands got dirty and we would wash up when we got home (he was a little concerned that he was "meshee"). I also told him not to squish any more (ha!). Well, he continued to squish and then throw the tomatoes throughout the backseat of the car. I ended up having to pull over, clean up the mess as best as I could (thank goodness for leather!), and then take the tomatoes away (Henry was not happy about that!). He's such a little turkey!


P.S. STILL PREGNANT! At my weekly appointment on Thursday, the doctor said the baby is still "way up there." I'm continuing to feel great, but would take this baby at any time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment