Henry and I are having the best summer so far (despite the crummy weather!)! I was a little worried that I signed us up for too many activities as he wasn't able to make it through a morning at daycare without a nap and all our activities are in the morning. But I've been able to get him on a great schedule and he can now make it through the morning and take a great nap in the afternoon. This whole napping business is new to me! For the past 6-7 months he has only taken a morning nap at daycare. Now he takes a good two hour nap every afternoon. Two whole hours to myself each day!!!! It's glorious! I'm getting so much done!Here's what we're up to:
Monday- ECFE themed classes (such as Little Gardener)
Tuesday- gymnastics
Wednesday- ECFE for toddlers and Wiggles & Giggles (play group)
Thursday- kid music in the park
Friday- Music Together class
Saturday & Sunday- swim "class" at our local pool
Henry's been sleeping in until about 8-8:30 each morning. After he gets up and has his breakfast we are out the door for our morning class. If he stays awake on the way home, he'll have lunch and then go down for about a two hour nap (this is when I watch soap operas and eat bon bons). After nap, we sometimes have a play date, run errands, or just play at home or the park. After dinner, we have some more outside time (unless the weather is crummy, which is has been lately!). We usually end the day with a quick bath and then a walk in the stroller wearing jammies.
I think the summer is so much fun because I feel like I'm able to do so much for Henry. He's learning so much through the classes and being around other kids. I LOVE being able to stay home with him! I'm looking forward to the next year-plus (at least!) of being a stay-at-home-mom! :)
Other Henry news:
The kid talks NONSTOP! He narrates what he is doing, and I have to repeat it back to him (correctly, or he'll keep saying it over and over again until I get it right!).
He also gets very obssessed with events, things, people, and will repeat a phrase over and over and over and over again! Not sure if I should be worried about this one or not!!! For instance, our neighbor had a graduation party and had a big white tent in their back yard. I heard, "big tent" at least 100 times in one afternoon. Once they took down the big tent, I heard, "big tent bye-bye" another 100 or so times in one afternoon (and many more times the next day and the next . . .).
Henry has become very good at doing things independently at the park. This frightens his mother quite a bit, but he is very proud of himself. If I try to help with with things he'll say, "no mama!"
He loves playing chase and lets out the most delightful squeal!
I have officially weened him off of his morning bottle! :) He now happily accepts a cup of milk when he wakes up instead of his "ba-ohl."
Henry continues to love all construction equipment, trains, helicopters, his baby, and books.

No comments:
Post a Comment