Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

West Point

Tom had his 10-year reunion from West Point this past weekend. We left early Friday morning and after two plane rides and an hour-and-a-half car ride, we were all ready to move our bodies! Tom and Henry stretched out in the pool!
Later on, Henry dined at the hotel room desk. Afterwards, he checked his email, facebook page, twitter account, etc. to keep his peeps updated on his travels.
We got Henry gussied up for the fancy dinner on Friday night. He lasted, hmmmm, about five minutes. I'm sure glad I brought my fancy duds to wear for that whole time!
On Saturday, Henry got his first experience dining in the mess hall. Let me tell you, it is quite the experience. I'm still not quite sure what it was we ate!
Tom and Henry posing in front of one of the many monuments on campus.
Henry and dad walking through the fields.
He loved running around in the grass! :)
We tailgated before the game . . .
You wouldn't know it from this picture, but it was a pretty good games as far as Army football goes (Henry must take after his dad and get a bit bored with the game of football!). They were actually leading at the half, but then promptly lost that lead and never regained it. Bummer. When Army does score, they shoot off the cannons- which are VERY LOUD! But good ol' Henry slept right on through them!
Dad and Henry with the stadium in the background.
Don't let these honky dory pictures fool you . . . we did have a great time connecting with some of Tom's old college buddies, however, traveling with an almost-one-year-old is not easy!!!
When we finally got home on Sunday night (again, after an hour-and-a-half car ride and two flights), Tom said, "I really love playing with Henry. But I think I love it best at home." I couldn't agree more. We needed a weekend away but it sure felt good to be home. Now I just have to gear up for our trip to Dallas in two weeks. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment