Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

First day of day care

Look at my big boy!
The day the I've been dreading since Henry was born came today. He went to day care. The anticipation of him going was much worse than him actually going. We have Henry enrolled in a home day care that is run by two ladies (parents of kids that attend my school). They said he did awesome! When I dropped him off this morning, he wanted right out of my arms as soon as he spotted other kids. I stayed for about a half hour chatting with his provider and watching him explore. When I said good-bye he just smiled at me and went back to playing (I wanted him to cling to me and at least pretend like he would miss me!!!). The only time he was really fussy was right before his morning nap (which lasted 2 hours!!!) and then getting him to fall asleep for his nap. We have a few more "practice" days before school starts. Even though he did so well today, I wouldn't be one bit sad if that was all he had to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment