As if we haven't had a cold enough spring around these parts, we decided to take a last-minute get away to Duluth! We stayed at a water park hotel which the boys LOVED!!! It took Charlie until our second jaunt to the pool to really enjoy it (he had to get used to all that water splashing around!) but we spent many-a-hour playing at the park! It was a perfect few days away!
Just call Charlie, David. David Hasselhoff!
We spent a morning at the aquarium. Again, the boys loved it!
The fish were a huge hit, of course.
And so were the boats!
Their favorite part, by far, was watching two suba divers clean out a huge tank. We have been playing "suba diver" at home ever since!
Charlie in all his messy glory while eating dinner one night . . . too bad it was post-bath!
And Henry being his silly self with a "pepper mustache"!
It was such a fun couple of days (minus our very long nights NOT sleeping!)! I love little family get aways! :)
Highlights (beside the water fun!):
After a rough night of sleep and a busy morning at the aquirium, we were waiting patiently for our lunch to be served at a restaurant. Charlie was tired and hungry and growing very impatient. All of a sudden, he chucked his knife (yes, I was letting him play with a knife!) across the table just missing some people sitting across from us! It was so ridiculious, it was hilarious (after we scolded him, Tom and I secretly laughed about it!).
Second highlight . . . as previously mentioned, bedtime does not go well any place but home. Henry was "sleeping" on the other side of the bathroom wall on the "couch bed" with Tom. Charlie was in his pack-n-play next to my bed. Charlie would lay down and then pop his head up and scream, "MA!" I'd reassure him that I was there and he'd lay back down. He did this several times. Then the peanut gallery from the other side of the wall started in. Charlie would yell, "MA!" then we'd hear Henry yell, "DA!" Eventually the screaming stopped and then I hear Charlie standing up again, place his baby doll on the edge of the pack-n-play and yell, "jump!" and then he'd toss baby doll into the bed. Repeat several times. I was just a-giggling- not sure if it was from lack of sleep or the actual humor of the situation! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment