Henry at 2 1/2
Henry hasn't had his own update in a while but he's changed so much over the past few months that I must share!! Henry is an absolutely delightful little boy! He finds magic in the smallest little things and has an infectious giggle when he does. He's charming, sweet, thoughtful, creative and so smart! With Henry being 2 1/2, however, he is giving his mom and dad a run for their money these days. He can be incredibly sweet on moment and a little stinker the next! Life of living with a toddler! :)
He spontaneously sings songs (his faves are ABCs, Twinkle, Hickory Dickory, I Have Ten Little Fingers). He can count to 20 (minus the number 15, for some reason that one always gets skipped!! and when trying to correct him, he'll say, "No mom. I'm doing the counting."). He is getting ridiculously good at building legos. He uses his structures he makes as houses, cars, trains, etc. for all his little animals. I'd say that is what he spends most of his time doing! Henry is getting so good at using his imagination as well, which is such a joy to see! He continues to be an excellent eater! He'll eat pretty much whatever I put in front of him. However, like his dad, he never "needs" to eat- he'd go all day without a meal if I didn't make his meals! He usually takes a 1-2 hour afternoon nap, goes to sleep around 8:30 and is up about 7. He is still wearing size 5 diapers (yes, I will get up enough bravery to start this potty training business soon) and size 3T shirts (although a bit big) and 2T shorts and size 8 shoe. His favorite books right now, by far, are Mercy Watson (short little chapter books about a pig named Mercy). Henry still loves any kind of big machinery- planes, trains, construction equipment, etc.
Henry hasn't had his own update in a while but he's changed so much over the past few months that I must share!! Henry is an absolutely delightful little boy! He finds magic in the smallest little things and has an infectious giggle when he does. He's charming, sweet, thoughtful, creative and so smart! With Henry being 2 1/2, however, he is giving his mom and dad a run for their money these days. He can be incredibly sweet on moment and a little stinker the next! Life of living with a toddler! :)
He spontaneously sings songs (his faves are ABCs, Twinkle, Hickory Dickory, I Have Ten Little Fingers). He can count to 20 (minus the number 15, for some reason that one always gets skipped!! and when trying to correct him, he'll say, "No mom. I'm doing the counting."). He is getting ridiculously good at building legos. He uses his structures he makes as houses, cars, trains, etc. for all his little animals. I'd say that is what he spends most of his time doing! Henry is getting so good at using his imagination as well, which is such a joy to see! He continues to be an excellent eater! He'll eat pretty much whatever I put in front of him. However, like his dad, he never "needs" to eat- he'd go all day without a meal if I didn't make his meals! He usually takes a 1-2 hour afternoon nap, goes to sleep around 8:30 and is up about 7. He is still wearing size 5 diapers (yes, I will get up enough bravery to start this potty training business soon) and size 3T shirts (although a bit big) and 2T shorts and size 8 shoe. His favorite books right now, by far, are Mercy Watson (short little chapter books about a pig named Mercy). Henry still loves any kind of big machinery- planes, trains, construction equipment, etc.
Some recent funny sayings by Henry:
- After spotting Target from the car, Henry shouts from the back seat, "Mom, there's target. Target Boutique!" (As opposed to saying, tar-jay boutique!)
- Henry and I went on a little date the other night. We stopped for ice cream and when I asked him what he would like in his ice cream, he replied, "way-sons and fwax". (Raisins and flax- poor kid!).
- When pretending legs to an activity table were knee pads, Henry said, "wook mom, I have ipads!" Kids and technology!
- Man, I can't think of anymore at the moment . . . I really need to write this stuff down immediately!



I love that Henry loves Mercy Watson books! You have to introduce him to Pete the Cat, that's our new kindergarten obsession at WB. Miss you!
ReplyDelete