Long time, no post! After Henry is in bed, I am one tired pregnant lady at night (and there have been some really good season finales on TV!).Have I mentioned Henry is obsessed with lawn mowers? Here he is gazing out the window at his dad mowing the front lawn- we have a pretty decent size front lawn and Henry was perched there the entire time!
Other Henry obsessions:
-He continues to pine over construction equipment. I never would have predicted that I would know the names of things like auger, backhoe, etc. much less my one-year-old. This boy can spot them a mile a way when driving in the car and is sure to announce when he does spy one! I am a terrible mother and put away (aka hid on a very high shelf that he can't get at) his construction books that he insisted on reading a bagillion times a day (we do have some new ones from the library to peruse so I'm not that terrible)!
-Speaking of books- Henry insists on reading only nonfiction books. He loves his encyclopedias, baby's first words books, etc. I love that he loves nonfiction, but a nice little story every once in a while would be okay too!
-Okay time to brag . . . as long as we are on the book and construction equipment topic . . . the other day (prior to putting away his construction books), Henry was reading a new book from the library that had a backhoe in it. He got up and got one of his construction books and found the page with a backhoe on it. He recognized that each book had the same thing in it!! In my teacher world we call that a text-to-text connection!!!!!!!! Proud mama moment! :)
-Henry also loves ants. Yes ants. We clock many minutes watching those tiny creatures.
-He also loves his mon-hee (monkey), baby doll, going for stroller rides in jammies before bed, his buddy Nolan (Nono) at daycare, broccoli, berries, cheese, toy cars and trucks, bubbles, and washing his hands.

No comments:
Post a Comment