Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

A for apples!

We were out of apples from our last trip to the orchard, so we hit up a different one on Sunday. This one wasn't quite as exciting . . . we got to pick our apples . . . right out of a barrel! Sort of takes the fun out of apple-picking when they are already picked for you! Despite the lack of involvement, the apples are delicious!
For those of you who know me well, I'm just the tiniest bit sentimental. On our way home from the orchard, Henry fell asleep and because it was late in the afternoon, we didn't want him to sleep long. So I just thought I'd hold him. *Sigh* It was the best 20 minutes of my entire weekend!! I rarely get to hold Henry (unless I'm nursing him- which isn't the most pleasant experience these days with his 7 teeth!!) without him squirming all over the place, reaching for things, pulling my hair, sticking his fingers up my nose, etc. The fall weather, the Vikings game on, and snuggling with Henry reminded my of last year's fall when Henry was just born. I just get warm fuzzy feelings thinking about that time. I can't believe he officially turned 11 months yesterday. Where does the time go? I swear we'll be sending him off to college next week. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and have him stay this little for just a bit longer . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment