Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fluids- job hazard

Henry is not naked because I'm afraid of a mess. He is naked because he just peed on his outfit. Tonight he decided his Bumbo is tastier than his cereal.
Henry loves getting his bottom aired out! (He's got a bit of a diaper rash.)

I am learning a lot about motherhood. This week specifically, I'm learning a lot about fluids- bodily fluids. I know babies can be messy creatures. But holy cow! In the past 48 hours Henry has peed on his changing pad a few times, our living room rug, in the bath each night, on ME several times . . . you catch my drift. But pee isn't the only fluid I have encountered the past few days. I have been spit up on (immediately after I changed my clothes after being peed on!) and spit at (Henry sneezed while eating his cereal) many times over. I know this is nothing new to moms, but it is new to me! Henry, in the past, hasn't been much of a free air pee-er or spitter-upper. After he let his pee fly for the fourth time today, he looked up at me and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. If I have to encounter fluids on a daily basis to hang out with this little guy, I'll gladly do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment