Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

 I had the most excellent Mother's Day weekend!  My parents came up on Friday evening so Tom and I could go out with some good friends on Friday evening (something we do about every 2-3 years!!). We then had my parents, Tom's mom and sister, my sister and her family, and my big bro and his family over for a Mother's Day brunch on Saturday.  It was such a fun time!  We had a delicious meal and then played outside for quite some time.  
Charlie loved laying under the parachute!
 Henry was a big help at moving the parachute up and down.

After everyone left, all the boys when down for a nap.  Henry and Charlie slept for 3 hours!!!  It was delightful!  I attempted to go and get a pedicure but after waiting for an hour and a half (they said it would be a 10-15 minute wait), my frustration got the best of me and I left.  So my toes aren't quite dressed for summer just yet!
 We had our first bon fire of the season on Saturday night!

I woke up really early Sunday morning all alone in bed, which didn't surprise me because Tom will often get up early on the weekends to get some work in before everyone gets up.  So I rolled over and went back to sleep. At about 6:15, Tom came bounding in our room and asks how I slept.  And surprisingly, I slept awesome! He then tells me he slept on the couch so I could get a good night's sleep "because I know how much I bug you when we sleep together."  I know this sounds terrible but it's true!  Tom is a snorer, sweater, and bed and cover hog- not traits of a nice bed companion! Or perhaps I have a hard time sleeping with someone because half of our marriage has consisted of him sleeping someplace else (his year deployment and all his work travel).  But at any rate, I did have a great night sleep and it was very thoughtful of him to sleep on the couch! :)
 After Charlie's morning nap, we headed down to Northfield (one of my favorite towns!) to have a picnic lunch, play at a park, and go for a hike.  It was so fun!



 We left town at about 2:00 thinking the boys would both sleep.  Nope.  This is what was happening in the backseat!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend (up until 5:00 on Sunday when Tom found out he had to leave at 6 for the airport . . . but that's a long story!).  

I am very grateful for my two sweet boys and my wonderful husband.  Being a mom is truly the most rewarding and hard job I've ever had!  I feel so fortunate to spend my days (and nights- ha!) with my two little buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment